TIP OF THE MONTH: AMARYLLIS CARE
Amaryllis (Barbados Lily): Family- Amaryllidaceae
Tips to care for your Amaryllis:
- Your amaryllis prefers a light, constantly warm position (60°-70°F). The warmer the temperature the faster the plant will bloom. Rotate the pot if the stalks bend towards the light.
- Keep the soil only slightly moist by
watering sparingly around the neck of the bulb. Remove water standing in the saucer.
- Next, add all purpose potting mix with
added sharp sand. The plants prefer to be slightly potbound. Move to a larger pot every 2-3 years.
- Water moderately until new growth begins.
- After flowering, set in a cool dark location until new growth appears. Gradually introduce bright light. Will not flower if given inadequate light. Water every 2 weeks.